Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Royal Cornwall Museum > Places > Truro

Truro Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 508 pictures in our Truro collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Royal Cornwall Museum.


Categories
Abstract
Aerial
Africa
Animals
Architecture
Arts
Asia
Europe
Historic
Humour
Maps and Charts
North America
Oceania
People
Popular Themes
Posters
Religion
Science
Services
South America
Special Days
Sport
Transportation
All Images
Collections
Royal Cornwall Museum
> Places
>> Bodmin
>> Boscastle
>> Breage
>> Bude
>> Cadgwith
>> Calenick
>> Camborne
>> Chacewater
>> Constantine
>> Coverack
>> Crowan
>> Cubert
>> Falmouth
>> Feock
>> Flushing
>> Fowey
>> Gerrans
>> Gorran Haven
>> Grampound
>> Gunwalloe
>> Gwennap
>> Gwennap Pit
>> Gwinear
>> Helford
>> Helston
>> Idless
>> Illogan
>> Isles of Scilly
>> Kea
>> Kenwyn
>> Kynance
>> Ladock
>> Landewednack
>> Lanlivery
>> Lanteglos by Fowey
>> Launceston
>> Lelant
>> Liskeard
>> Little Petherick
>> Looe
>> Lostwithiel
>> Luxulyan
>> Maker
>> Malpas
>> Mawgan in Meneage
>> Mawnan
>> Mevagissey
>> Morvah
>> Morval
>> Morwenstow
>> Mousehole
>> Mullion
>> Mylor
>> Newlyn
>> Newquay
>> Padstow
>> Penryn
>> Penzance
>> Perranarworthal
>> Perranporth
>> Perranzabuloe
>> Philleigh
>> Polperro
>> Port Gaverne
>> Port Isaac
>> Port Quin
>> Porthallow
>> Porthgwarra
>> Porthoustock
>> Porthtowan
>> Portloe
>> Portreath
>> Poundstock
>> Probus
>> Rame
>> Redruth
>> Restormel
>> Roche
>> Ruan Lanihorne
>> Ruan Minor
>> Sennen
>> Sithney
>> St Agnes
>> St Austell
>> St Buryan
>> St Clement
>> St Clether
>> St Columb Major
>> St Columb Minor
>> St Eval
>> St Hilary
>> St Ives
>> St Juliot
>> St Just in Penwith
>> St Keverne
>> St Kew
>> St Levan
>> St Mawes
>> St Mawgan in Pydar
>> St Merryn
>> St Michael Penkivel
>> St Michael's Mount
>> St Minver
>> St Newlyn East
>> St Stephen in Brannel
>> St Stephens by Saltash
>> St Teath
>> St Tudy
>> St Veep
>> Tintagel
>> Tregony
>> Tresillian
>> Trevalga
>> Truro
>> Tywardreath
>> Veryan
>> Wadebridge
>> Wendron
>> Zennor
Vivian Terrace, Falmouth Road, Truro, Cornwall. Probably early 20th century Featured Truro Print

Vivian Terrace, Falmouth Road, Truro, Cornwall. Probably early 20th century

A view of Vivian Terrace looking towards the Lander Monument in Lemon Street. There is a man on a bicycle riding in the road and a horse-drawn milk cart with churns is waiting outside one house. Built in the early to mid 19th century, the grade II listed buildings in the terrace are now known as 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 and 21 Falmouth Road. The Lander monument was designed by the architect Philip Sambell in 1835 to commemorate the discoveries of the Lander brothers, Richard and John, whose discoveries included the source of River Niger. The statue of Richard was added in 1852 by the sculptor, Neville Northy Burnard. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

Williams Almshouses, Pydar Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1890s Featured Truro Print

Williams Almshouses, Pydar Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1890s

Inner courtyard with monument and resident ladies. The almshouses were built in 1631 to the memory of Henry Williams, a woollen draper in Truro. Williams died in 1629, bequeathing land and money in a charitable trust for almshouses to be built in Pydar Street to house 10 poor widows. The trust provided them with clothes and 4 shillings per week in money. The almshouses have since been demolished with the plaque moved to the gardens of the senior citizens bungalows of William's Court, Union Street, Truro, which were built to replace the almshouses. The monument seen in the photograph was relocated to Dairyland Farm World, Tresillian Barton, Summercourt, Newquay. Photographer: Argall

© From the collection of the RIC

River Street, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1800s Featured Truro Print

River Street, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1800s

A view of River Street, looking east, showing the Truro Savings Bank and Baptist Chapel, later to become the Royal Cornwall Museum. The architect of both buildings was Philip Sambell (1798-1874). Truro Savings Bank was built in 1847. The bank closed in 1894 and became Henderson's School of Mining in 1897. The School of Mining closed in 1907 and the Royal Institution of Cornwall purchased the building in 1908 to house their growing collections. Truro Baptist Chapel was built in 1850. The chapel was purchased by the RIC in 1985 as an extension to the museum. Extensive refurbishment and additions followed, including the link between the two buildings. An upper floor was added to the Baptist Chapel creating the Treffry gallery. Recorded in 1852-1853 at 27 River Street, was the premises of J. Hugo, a dyer. The business had moved to Kenwyn Street by 1878 and the building is now, in 2017, occupied by Simpsons of Cornwall. The photograph also shows a horse drawn cart and several people. Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC