Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Historic England > Industry > Power stations

Power stations Gallery

Images of the energy industry

Choose from 100 pictures in our Power stations collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Historic England.


Portishead B Power Station JLP01_10_06741 Featured Power stations Image

Portishead B Power Station JLP01_10_06741

PORTISHEAD B POWER STATION, PORTISHEAD AND NORTH WESTON, NORTH SOMERSET. A view of Portishead B Power Station taken from the east side of the dock.
Portishead B Power Station opened in the mid 1950's. Portishead's original power station, which was completed in 1929, became known as Power Station A'. Portishead B was built on part of the Great Western Railway's original Portishead Railway Station, which was demolished and rebuilt closer to the centre. Portishead B had eight coal-fired and four oil-fired steam boilers. The power station closed in 1982, and the chimneys were demolished in 1992

© Historic England Archive. John Laing Photographic Collection

Working on a chimney JLP01_08_060724 Featured Power stations Image

Working on a chimney JLP01_08_060724

ISLE OF GRAIN, MEDWAY. Construction workers suspended in harnesses working on the surface of a chimney stack at the South Eastern Gas Board's (SEGAS) Power Station on the Isle of Grain.
In the late 1950's, the South Eastern Gas Board (SEGAS) set up a power plant on the Isle of Grain. The plant was adjacent to the Grain refinery, and was designed to produce gas from petroleum products. In the negative register, Lytag S. E. Gas Board, Isle of Grain, Kent is recorded next to this image. Lytag is a lightweight aggregate material that can withstand high temperatures. According to the April 1963 edition of Laing's monthly newsletter, Team Spirit, Lytag was used for the flue lining at the SEGAS Isle of Grain plant

© Historic England Archive. John Laing Photographic Collection

High Marnham Power Station 28336_002 Featured Power stations Image

High Marnham Power Station 28336_002

High Marnham Power Station, Nottingham. A former coal fired power station near the River Trent. Started in 1955, it was fully commissioned in 1962. Photographed in September 2012, two months after demolition of the cooling towers

© Historic England

Aerial, Industrial, Ruin