LCC-LFB Edgware Road fire station Paddington
Built by the London County Council (LCC) Edgware Road fire station opened in 1899, located at 494 Edgware Road. It was originally called Paddington fire station (A13) and only later designated Edgware Road (A30) before it closed in 1967 with the opening of the new Paddington fire station in the nearby Harrow Road.
© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library
Haverfordwest Railway Station, Pembrokeshire, South Wales
Passengers waiting for the 1040 to Paddington, on the up platform of Haverfordwest Railway Station in Pembrokeshire, South Wales. At the time a return ticket would have set them back 3 12s 6d (three pounds, twelve shillings and sixpence). "
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10428906
1040, 1900, Bridge, Buffer, Edwardian, Foot Bridge, Goods, Gwr, Haverfordwest, Historical, History, Paddington, Passengers, Pembrokeshire, Platform, Pounds, Rail, Rails, Railway, Return, Shillings, Sixpence, South, Station, Ticket, Town, Track, Tracks, Transport, Twelve, Victorian, Wagon, Wagons, Waiting, Wales, Welsh
Bishop's Road (Bishop's Mews), Paddington, 1929
The Great Western Railway acquired this property, containing garages, prior to development in 1930. The street was eventually demolished to make way for the new parcels depot development.
Bishop's Road Bridge can be seen crossing the track in the distance.
© STEAM Picture Library 2007 - All Rights Reserved
Bishop, Bridge, Garage, Paddington, Street