LCC-MFB Red Cross Street fire station and engine, London LFB150
Red Cross Street fire station, City of London, built by the London County Council (LCC) and opened in 1900. It was one of four fire stations (plus a river station at Blackfriars) contained within the City of London. The picture shows its horse drawn pumps parading on the forecourt of the station. Date: 1900
© Copyright Mary Evans Picture Library 2015
Antique illustration of Casa Santi-birthplace of Raffello Sanzio (Urbino, Italy)
Antique illustration of the 15th-century house where Italian Reinassance painter Raphael was born in 1483 in Urbino (Italy), now a Museum. The palace is called Casa Santi. It's a building (originally built in the 14th century) featuring three floors. In the picture the building front featuring roof, main door, windows and overlooking the street that is descending. From a drawing by Toussaint
Tombstone of Agnes Bernauer, 1410-1436, mistress to Albert III of Bavaria. . From the Agnes Bernauer Chapel in Straubing. Chromolithograph from Hefner-Altenecks Costumes, Artworks and Appliances from the early Middle Ages to the end of the 18th Century, Frankfurt, 1883. IIlustration drawn by Hefner-Alteneck, lithographed by CR, and published by Heinrich Keller. Dr. Jakob Heinrich von Hefner-Alteneck (1811-1903) was a German archeologist, art historian and illustrator. He was director of the Bavarian National Museum from 1868 until 1886.
© Florilegius / Mary Evans