Plan of the Yews Estate, near Worrall, for sale by auction, 1862
Lot 4 farm house, barn, stable, cowhouse, outbuildings, garden and yard (including Oxley Field and Middlewood Field).Lot 5 Great Langhouse Field, Far Langhouse Field, Near Langhouse Field and Plantation - this lot contains coal and ganister, a portion of which has been worked.Lot 6 part of Howdon Top and Bull Piece Plantation. This lot contains valuable beds of coal and ganister, a large proportion of which can be got by open work; and also a bed of Fire Clay.Lot 7 Dwelling House called the yeas, cohouses, gardens, plantations, including Wadsley Plantation (or Sough Dyke Plantation); the yews is a commodious house containing dining, drawing and breakfast rooms, two kitchens and seven bedrooms. It commands extensive and picturesque views of the Valley of the Don, and Wharncliffe Wood; is four miles west of Sheffield, and about a mile and a half from the Oughtibridge Station of the Manchester, Sheffield and Lincolnshire railway. The estate contains beds of coal and ganister, and a valuable bed of fire clay, which is now being worked.Original at Sheffield Local Studies Library: Sale Plans 1 July 1862.
© Sheffield City Council
Plan of the Moorhall Estate to be sold by auction, 1861
Moor Hall mansion and estate with moorland and grouse shooting. The ancient and substantial freehold messuage or mansion called Moor Hall [More Hall] situate in
with the gardens, pleasure grounds, barns, stabling, coach houses, farm servants cottages (five in number), and outbuildings appertaining thereto, rebuilt and modernised by and for many years the residence of Samuel Deakin, esquire, and now in the occupation of Mr Joseph Crossland.Also the messuage and homestead called the Hermit Royd together also with 162 acres of arable, meadow, and pasture land comprising the Fairhurst, the Moor Hall, and the Hermit Roy farms.Also 20 acres of thriving woods and plantations comprising the Hare Hills, the Bitholms Wood, and the Wilkin and Firth Woods
Original at Sheffield Local Studies Library: Sale Plans 23 July 1862.
© Sheffield City Council
Dignitaries of the Church officiating at the 1953 Coronation
Leading churchmen who played a part in the Coronation ceremony of Queen Elizabeth II in June 1953. Top left is Dr Garbett, Archbishop of York, whose role was to support the Archbishop of Canterbury, top right is Dr Wand, Bishop of London who carried the paten, bottom right, Dr A. M. Ramsey, Bishop of Durham and bottom left, Dr H. W Bradfield, the Bishop of Bath and Wells, both of whom had the role of supporting the Queen. Date: 1953
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10579039