Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Architecture > Pubs

Pubs Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 509 pictures in our Pubs collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Forth Bridge Featured Pubs Print

Forth Bridge

March 1890: Pictures showing various aspects of building the Forth Bridge: its size compared with the Eiffel Tower; a demonstration of the cantilever process; a cassion being towed into position and a general view of the Inchgarvie cantilever. The Forth Bridge spans the Firth of Forth at Queensferry in Lothian and is over a mile long. The steel cantilever construction was designed by John Fowler and Benjamin Baker to carry a double-track railway line and a road over the river. When it was completed in 1890 it was the longest bridge of its kind and considered a great achievement in engineering. Graphic - pub. 1890 (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

The Grenadier in Wilton Mews, Where Coachmen Drink No More, c1935. Creator: Unknown Featured Pubs Print

The Grenadier in Wilton Mews, Where Coachmen Drink No More, c1935. Creator: Unknown

"The Grenadier" in Wilton Mews, Where Coachmen Drink No More, c1935. Public house in Belgravia, London, built in 1720 as the officers mess for the senior infantry regiment of the British army, the 1st Regiment of Foot Guards. The building was located in a courtyard of their barracks. It opened to the public in 1818 as The Guardsman, and was renamed in honour of the Grenadier Guards actions in the Battle of Waterloo (1815). It was frequented by the Duke of Wellington and King George IV. From "Wonderful London, Volume 3", edited by Arthur St John Adcock. [The Fleetway House, London, c1935]

© The Print Collector/Heritage Images

The New Bricklayers Arms Terminus of the South-Eastern Railway, 1844 Featured Pubs Print

The New Bricklayers Arms Terminus of the South-Eastern Railway, 1844

The New Bricklayers Arms Terminus of the South-Eastern Railway, 1844.
The Bricklayers Arms station in Southwark, south London, was built as an alternative to the London and Greenwich Railway's terminus at London Bridge. Mr. W. Cubitt, the engineer in chief of the line, judiciously selected the site of this station, which is a most advantageous one, being...near the Bricklayers'Arms, a travellers resting-place, long established; the engineer's skill and the capitalists means have overcome the formidable obstacles presented by marshy surfaces and sluggish streams, and the whole site is now completely- drained and well ballasted'. From "Illustrated London News", 1844, Vol I

© The Print Collector/Heritage Images