Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > All Images > 2021 > June > 17 Jun 2021

Images Dated 17th June 2021

Choose from 98 pictures in our Images Dated 17th June 2021 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


St Clements Church AA42_00038 Featured 17 Jun 2021 Print

St Clements Church AA42_00038

St Clement's Church, CHAPELTOWN ROAD, SHEEPSCAR, Leeds. An interior view of the nave and apsidal chancel of St Clement's Church, seen from the west end and demolished circa 1976. The church was built c1868 to the designs of George Corston. It has an aisled nave of five bays, a north and south porch, vestry, south-east tower and an apsidal chancel. The arcades had wide pointed arches on squat cylindrical piers, and above were paired round-headed clerestory windows. The chancel arch has short columns with Corinthian capitals and a pointed arch with two orders. The apse possibly had eight bays, with a two light window in each bay with quatrefoil roundels. The church was demolished circa 1976

© Historic England Archive

Manchester Cathedral, 1942 AA42_00073 Featured 17 Jun 2021 Print

Manchester Cathedral, 1942 AA42_00073

CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF ST MARY, FENNEL STREET, MANCHESTER. An interior view of Manchester Cathedral, or St Mary's Cathedral Church, showing the east end of the nave. Originally a collegiate parish church built between c1422 and 1520, the church received cathedral status in 1847. It underwent restoration or rebuilding between 1814-1815, 1862-1868, 1885-1886 and 1898. The cathedral has a west tower with a west porch and choir rooms, an aisled nave with north and south chapels and porches. The choir and presbytery are aisled, and have chapels north of the north aisle, and a vestry, library, chapter house and chapel south of the south aisle. To the east is a rectrochoir and lady chapel. The aisled nave has six bays and at the eastern end is a rood screen, erected by Bishop Stanley and re-worked by Sir George Gilbert Scott in 1872. It has a central entrance flanked by three two light openings on each side. The parapet above was added by Scott, and has a projecting octagonal section. In the image, a screen or fabric hangs over the rood screen. The cathedral church was damaged during bombing in the Second World War

© Historic England Archive

Cow Lane Coventry, 1941 AA42_00357 Featured 17 Jun 2021 Print

Cow Lane Coventry, 1941 AA42_00357

Baker Billing and Crow's Charity School, Cow Lane, Coventry. The front elevation of Baker, Billing and Crow's Charity School on Cow Lane showing the entrance to Pressings Limited Cow Lane Works. At the time this photograph was taken the former school had been converted for commercial use, in which it continued until demolition in the 1960s. A number of the windows are broken or missing, probably as a result of bombing. Coventry City centre was devastated by air raids on 14th November 1940. The raids left the cathedral in ruins and destroyed much of the historic fabric of the city

© Historic England Archive