Skip to main content
emoji_people   Now is the perfect time to order your Christmas Prints and Gifts from our collection   card_giftcard
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > STEAM Museum of the GWR > Stations and Halts > Devon Stations

Devon Stations Gallery

Choose from 50 pictures in our Devon Stations collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with STEAM Museum of the GWR.


Bomb damage to Bowden Hall locomotive at Keyham Station, 1941 Featured Devon Stations Print

Bomb damage to Bowden Hall locomotive at Keyham Station, 1941

This image was taken on 30th April 1941, the morning after an air raid at Keyham Station, Plymouth. It shows extensive damage to Hall Class locomotive, Bowden Hall, after a bomb landed just feet away from the right side of the cab. The driver and fireman had a lucky escape as they had been sheltering under the steps of the signalbox when the bomb was dropped. Their entire cab was destroyed. The signalbox also suffered significant damage, with all but a few windows smashed in the explosion

© STEAM Museum of the GWR

Hemyock Station Featured Devon Stations Print

Hemyock Station

Hemyock station was the terminus of the former Culm Valley Light Railway. It attracted little passenger traffic during its lifetime but was an important freight line, serving the adjacent Culm Valley Dairy Company whose processing buildings can be seen beyond the station in this photograph. In fact, despite officially closing in 1965, the line continued to be used until 1974 to serve the neighbouring dairy

© STEAM Museum of the GWR

Castle Class, No. 7029, Clun Castle at Newton Abbot Station, c.1950s Featured Devon Stations Print

Castle Class, No. 7029, Clun Castle at Newton Abbot Station, c.1950s

A view of Castle Class, No. 7029, Clun Castle at Newton Abbot Station, Devon, c.1950s.
The station opened with the name Newton in December 1846 by the South Devon Railway Company. By the time the name was changed to Newton Abbot in 1877 the station had a large goods shed, train sheds and busy workshops which helped with converting the stock and line to standard gauge.
Newton Abbot station underwent an extension and rebuild between the wars, opening in April 1927 with a Culverhouse designed station building

© STEAM Museum of the GWR