Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > Mary Evans Prints Online > London Fire Brigade

London Fire Brigade Gallery

Choose from 2,436 pictures in our London Fire Brigade collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping. We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Mary Evans Prints Online.


LCC-LFB Cannon Street fire station, City of London Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-LFB Cannon Street fire station, City of London

Cannon Street fire station was opened in 1906. Seen here are its three appliances on the station forecourt. Fire brigade horses had now been replaced by motorised fire appliances, although the very last horse drawn fire engine, a TL, would not disappear until 1921. This station was demolished when the Dowgate fire station was opened some fifty years later

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

LCC-LFB Fire display at Brigade HQ Southwark Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-LFB Fire display at Brigade HQ Southwark

The London Fire Brigade encouraged, for very many years, a good public image by opening its doors to the public to special fire brigade displays. On Saturday afternoons, during the summer months, it was a regular feature to see displays at the Southwark Headquarters. As the picture shows it drew large, and frequently a boater-hatted, crowds. A motorised fire engine works two firefighting jets, while a turntable ladder is fully extended to the top of the drill tower. Where there was space to stand and watch the public took every opportunity to do so

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London Featured London Fire Brigade Print

LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London

Built by the London County Council, Cherry Garden river fire station was located at Cherry Garden Street in Bermondsey. It was one of four Metropolitan Fire Brigade river stations and, from 1904, the London Fire Brigade. Fireboat Delta was stationed here, followed later by its replacement Gamma III. Although no land fire engines were stationed at Cherry Garden, as can be seen the station maintained a wheeled escape and a hose cart, together with two hook ladders. It remained open until 1948 when, after the fire service was denationalised, London's river service came under review. Cherry Garden was deemed unnecessary and was closed

© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library