Members of the Nevill Golf Club
A selection of celebrity golfers from the Nevill Golf Club, Tunbridge Wells. Clockwise from top left: G.H Blanksby, L.J Langford, H. Churchill, A.J Haward, R.N Torpy, Harry Amos, A.E Quaife, F.G.C Weare, Lt. Col. G. L Cattell and J.M Wilkinson, with a central trio of F.S Harries, Brig. Gen H.O Knox and Miss Dorothy Pearson, the 1933 English Ladies Championship winner.
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10418115
Notable personalities in the greyhound racing world, from left: Mr. F. S. Gentle (Assistant MD of the Greyhound Racing Association), Brig.-Gen. A.C. Critchley (Vice Chairman and MD of the Greyhound Racing Assoc), Mr. H. Garland-Wells, fourth from left reading blue paper (Chairman of the Committee of the London Greyhound Tracks & Chairman/MD of Clapton Stadium), Maj.-Gen. Lord Loch (Vice President of the National Greyhound Racing Association), Lt.-Col. J.T.C. Moore-Brabazon (Director of the Greyhound Racing Association), Col. Romer Baggally (Secretary of the National Greyhound Racing Club), Mr. C.A. Munn (who brought greyhound racing in the form we know it today from America), Mr. Con. A.L. Stevens (Director and General and Racing Manager at Wimbledon Stadium), Lt.-Col.A. D. Cameron (Racing Director of the Greyhound Racing Association), Mr. A. J. Elvin (MD of the Empire Stadium, Wembley), Major C. E. R. Moss, in brown cap (Racing Manager of Clapton Stadium), Mr. W.J. Cearns (Chairman of Wimbledon Stadium), Captain A. E. Brice (Racing Manager of Wembley Stadium), Mr. F.J. Power (Managing Director of Catford Stadium) and, in the foreground, Mr Henry Sawtell (Steward of the National Greyhound Racing Club).
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10238092
Sulphur Well at Llanwrtyd Wells, Wales
Sulphur Well at Llanwrtyd Wells, Wales - a spa town, which grew up following the discovery of waters with amazing healing properties in 1732, by the Rev. Theophilus Evans. The wells were referred to as 'Ffynon Droellwyd' (Stinking Well) because of the smell of hydrogen sulphide gas that was given off!! Date: circa 1910s
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10509310