Glenelg Town Hall
Originally known as the Glenelg Institute Building, Glenelg Town Hall was designed by Edmund Wright, architect and former Mayor of Adelaide. The foundation stone was laid on 11 December 1875 by Sir Henry Ayers and the Institute formally opened in 1877. The building had a grand main entrance on the western frontage and a tower to take in the panoramic view of the ocean and surrounds. A cupola was later added to house the clock donated by Mayor Thomas King in 1884. In 1887 the building became the Glenelg Town Hall.
Town Hall, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
A GWR Publicity view of the Town Hall at Leamington Spa, Warwickshire in c.1927. The Town Hall building opened in 1884 along The Parade near the Royal Pump Rooms. A statue of Queen Victoria stands at the corner and an obelisk monument honours Henry Bright who helped supply the town with clean water in 1878.
© STEAM Museum of the GWR
Portsmouth Town Hall BL10401
The Guildhall, Portsmouth, from the north shortly after completion, September 1890. Photograph taken by Bedford Lemere and Company for the architects William Hill and Son of Leeds and J P Mountain. Built as the Town Hall, it was renamed the Guildhall in 1926 after Portsmouth achieved city status.
Civic Building, Town Hall, Victorian