Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Middle Ages Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 715 pictures in our Middle Ages collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


St Constantine Chapel, Constantine Bay, St Merryn, Cornwall. 1961 Featured Print

St Constantine Chapel, Constantine Bay, St Merryn, Cornwall. 1961

Remains of the medieval chapel, once one of the largest in Cornwall, now a scheduled monument. Little recorded, though mentioned in 1390 and rebuilt in the 15th century, the chapel was a place of pilgrimage together with the holy well nearby. Overgrown and partly buried in sand dunes, it was probably abandoned when the sands shifted and the settlement moved inland. The chapel was converted to almshouses after the Reformation but was a ruin by 1745. It is orientated east-west and consisted of a tower at the west end, nave, chancel and south aisle. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf

Windsor Castle from the West Featured Print

Windsor Castle from the West

Vintage engraving from 1880 of Windsor Castle a medieval castle and royal residence in Windsor in the English county of Berkshire, notable for its long association with the British royal family and its architecture. The original castle was built after the Norman invasion by William the Conqueror, and since the time of Henry I it has been used by a succession of monarchs; it is the longest-occupied palace in Europe

© duncan1890

St Constantines well, Constantine Bay, Cornwall. 1961 Featured Print

St Constantines well, Constantine Bay, Cornwall. 1961

A good example of a holy well with a well basin, bench seat and well house. The well basin has clear water which forms a narrow channel through the well house. Along with St Constantine's chapel, the well was a place of pilgrimage in medieval times. Pilgrims would wash their feet in the water which was believed to have miraculous properties. It was probably abandoned when the sand shifted and the settlement moved inland. The well is mentioned in 1700 but then disappeared beneath the sand and was seen again in 1911 when the sands moved. The well was restored in 1923 and in the 1950s a slate shelter was built over it. Photographer: Charles Woolf

© RIC, photographer Charles Woolf