Upton Park Stadium Fine Art - West Ham United Football Club
The Boleyn Ground, often referred to as Upton Park, was a football stadium located in Upton Park, east London. It was the home of West Ham United from 1904 until 2016.
The stadium was also briefly used by Charlton Athletic in the early 1990s during their years of financial difficulty.
The seating capacity of the ground at closure was 35,016.
From the 2016–17 season, West Ham United have played their home matches at the London Stadium in nearby Stratford. The last first-class match played at the Boleyn Ground was on 10 May 2016, a 3–2 West Ham United win in the Premier League against Manchester United.
The stadium was demolished in 2016 to make way for a new development.
© Sports Stadia Art Ltd
Loftus Road Stadium 'Going to the Match' Fine Art - Queens Park Rangers Football Club
Loftus Road is an all-seater football stadium in White City, London, which is home to Queens Park Rangers. On 7 June 2019, the club gifted the naming rights to the stadium to The Kiyan Prince Foundation, a charity set up in honour of former QPR youth player Kiyan Prince, resulting in the stadium becoming known as the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.
In 1981, it became the first stadium in British professional football to have an artificial pitch of Omniturf installed. This remained in use until 1988, after which a natural grass pitch was reintroduced.
Rugby union team London Wasps shared the ground with QPR between 1996 and 2002 and Premier League football club Fulham shared it from 2002 to 2004 while Craven Cottage was closed for reconstruction. Other users of the stadium have included the Jamaican and Australian national football teams. In 1985, Barry McGuigan defeated Eusebio Pedroza for the World Boxing Association featherweight championship at the stadium.
© SPORTS STADIA ART LTD
Ministry of Defence Main Building, Whitehall, London
Ministry of Defence, Main Building, Whitehall, London.
This building is home to the Ministry of Defence and this particular view is from Horseguards Avenue where it meets the Embankment. It was completed in the 50's after the original plans had be laid down in 1909. It is made from Portland Stone and the architect was Mr E Vincent Harris, who won a national competition to design a new building for occupation by a number of Government departments.
© Crown copyright