British Army service vehicles outside H.T.P. Motors Ltd., Back Quay, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1944
Rebuilt service vehicles, spick and span and ready for the road, being handed over to Army drivers towards the end of the Second World War. During the war H.T.P. Motors handed the Army most of their stock of cars and commercial vehicles and purchased transport generally for Government purposes. Large cars were converted to ambulances and essential civilian motor transport was provided and maintained. Ranging from armament production to the repair of Spitfire components, H.T.P.'s activities extended and multiplied rapidly with the country's growing demands. In 2018, this building is the Pannier Market on Back Quay, Truro. Photographer: Unknown.
© From the collection of the RIC
Queen's Diamond Jubilee Parade and Muster at Windsor Castle
Troops from all three Services formed on parade at Windsor Castle for her Majesty the Queen during the Diamond Jubilee Parade and Muster in May 2012.
Arrmed Forces Diamond Jubilee Parade and Muster taking place at Windsor Castle with HM The Queen. More than 2, 500 troops from the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force paraded before The Queen through the Quadrangle of Windsor castle, down through the town of Windsor along castle Hill, Thames Street and the into Home Park. Sailors, Soliders and Airmen representing the main body of the parade with 6 Military bands passed the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh to the main arena at Home Park for the Muster and miltary events. Included was a 78 Military Aircraft fly over in celebration of the Queens Diamond Jubilee.
© Crown Copyright
The Inauguration (on 30th August, 1907) of The equestrian Monument to the Tsar Liberator
The Inauguration (on 30th August, 1907) of The equestrian Monument to the Tsar Liberator in the centre of Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria. It was erected in honour of Russian Emperor Alexander II who liberated Bulgaria from Ottoman rule during the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-78. The monument is located on Tsar Osvoboditel Boulevard, facing the National Assembly of Bulgaria Date: 1907
© Mary Evans / Grenville Collins Postcard Collection