Fowey harbour, Cornwall. 1904
A view from Hall walk looking up river with the china clay docks and railway in the background. On the left middle of the picture Caffa Mill inlet and just visible on the right of the picture is Bodinnick. Moored in the foreground are two barquentines, the white hulled vessel is the Nordstjernan of Fiskebackskil, Sweden. Photographer: Herbert Hughes.
© From the collection of the RIC
Victoria Park Hotel, junction of Clarkehouse Road and Southbourne Road, 1862. Later occupied as a private residence by Samuel Osborn and renamed Rutledge House
The Victoria Park Hotel and Bowling Green', opposite the Botanical Gardens, seems to have gone out of memory. It was opened about 1858 or 1859, and the only landlord the place had was Mr. John Law, landscape gardener, formerly the curator of the Botanical Gardens, and who published a few local items dealing with botany and the gardens. This would be a nice retreat from the town, with possible visits to the gardens, and Sterndale Bennett had the companionship of his wife and a son on this visit to Sheffield. A letter written at the time mentions a 'long visit from the Misses Sterndale.' Nothing is heard of the hotel after about 1862, and the premises became a private residence. The house is at the corner of Clarkehouse Road and Southbourne Road.
© Sheffield City Council
Main Street in Dent, 1997 (gouache)
JCO122239 Main Street in Dent, 1997 (gouache) by Cooke, John ; 35.6x50.8 cm; Private Collection; English, in copyright
PLEASE NOTE: Bridgeman Images represents the copyright holder of this image and can arrange clearance.
© Copyright: www.bridgemanimages.com
Cumbria, Cumbrian, Figurative, Houses, Painting, Snow, Street, Winter