Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Team, 1908
Photograph of the Wolverhampton Wanderers Football team of the 1907-1908 season. The players pictured are: Back row, left to right: W. Shepherd (Director), W. Wooldridge (Captain), J. Jones, K. Hunt, J. Addinbroke Lee (Secretary), T. Lunn, Harrison, A.J. Evans (Chairman). Middle row, left to right: Ward, Hedley, J.H. Jones, Radford, Pedley. Front row, left to right: Bishop, Collins, Shelton.
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10219010
Official wording, Apprenticeship Indenture
Official wording of an Apprenticeship Indenture, between John Henry Watson of 3 Newland Street, Derby, and Messrs John Davis & Son (Derby) Limited. The document is signed by John Henry Watson himself (then about 17 years old), his father Walter Watson, and Henry Davis, Governing Director. The apprenticeship is for five years, dating from 25 June 1901, in the skill of instrument making. The apprentice's pay is agreed at 4 shillings and sixpence per week for the first year, rising to 6 shillings in the second year, 7/6 in the third, 9/6 in the fourth, and 12/6 in the fifth. The apprentice agrees to be obedient, not do any damage, not to take leave of absence without consent, and not to play cards, dice or other unlawful games, nor to frequent taverns or playhouses.
(2 of 2)
3 January 1902
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10548206
Gold, Silver, Lapis and Obsidian in the Splendid Swords of the Kings - The Royal Treasure
Gold, Silver, Lapis and Obsidian in the Splendid Swords of the Kings - The Royal Treasure of Dorak c.3000 BC - report of the finds from the excavations by James Mellaart, Assistant Director, The British Institute of Archaeology, Ankara. A small cemetery consisting of two Royal cist graves and two pithos burials of servants was found high up on a hill slope near the village of Dorak, on the southern shore of Lake Apolyont (Vilayet of Bursa) in North-west Turkey near the Sea of Marmara. Date: 1959
© Illustrated London News Ltd/Mary Evans