Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004

Column Gallery

Available as Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 940 pictures in our Column collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Vivian Terrace, Falmouth Road, Truro, Cornwall. Probably early 20th century Featured Print

Vivian Terrace, Falmouth Road, Truro, Cornwall. Probably early 20th century

A view of Vivian Terrace looking towards the Lander Monument in Lemon Street. There is a man on a bicycle riding in the road and a horse-drawn milk cart with churns is waiting outside one house. Built in the early to mid 19th century, the grade II listed buildings in the terrace are now known as 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 and 21 Falmouth Road. The Lander monument was designed by the architect Philip Sambell in 1835 to commemorate the discoveries of the Lander brothers, Richard and John, whose discoveries included the source of River Niger. The statue of Richard was added in 1852 by the sculptor, Neville Northy Burnard. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

© From the collection of the RIC

Pedestrian Subway, Crystal Palace Parade DP232791 Featured Print

Pedestrian Subway, Crystal Palace Parade DP232791

Crystal Palace Parade, Crystal Palace, Bromley and Southwark, Greater London. Byzantine-style vaulting in red and cream brick and chequered floors in alternating stone. The structure dates from 1865 and was built to link a new train station directly to the entrance of the Crystal Palace. Designed by the architect Charles Barry Junior

© Historic England Archive

St Georges Hall OP02751 Featured Print

St Georges Hall OP02751

St George's Hall, St George's Plateau, Liverpool, 1854-€55. Attributed to Thomas Sutton (1819-75), salted paper print. Cabs stand outside the newly built neoclassical St George's Hall, designed by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes and completed by Charles Robert Cockerell. The building, combining a public hall and law courts, was erected between 1841 and 1856. The photograph is attributed to Thomas Sutton because the original mount bears the name of the Frenchman Louis-Desire Blanquart-Evrard, who published some of Sutton's negatives in 1854. Sutton and Blanquart-Evrard opened a printing establishment on Jersey in 1855, and launched the journal Photographic Notes the following year. Sutton was a prolific writer on photography, and published A Dictionary of Photography in 1858

© Historic England