LCC-MFB Cherry Garden river fire station, SE London
Built by the London County Council, Cherry Garden river fire station was located at Cherry Garden Street in Bermondsey. It was one of four Metropolitan Fire Brigade river stations and, from 1904, the London Fire Brigade. Fireboat Delta was stationed here, followed later by its replacement Gamma III. Although no land fire engines were stationed at Cherry Garden, as can be seen the station maintained a wheeled escape and a hose cart, together with two hook ladders. It remained open until 1948 when, after the fire service was denationalised, London's river service came under review. Cherry Garden was deemed unnecessary and was closed.
© London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library
Some of the men who found Captain Scott
Some of the Men who found the bodies of Captain Scott and his companions and erected a cairn, pictured on their return to New Zealand. From left, (standing), Petty Officer Keohane, Petty Officer Williamson, Steward Hooper, Chief Stoker Lashley and Petty Officer Crean. Sitting, Mr A. Cherry Garrard, Sub-Lieutenant Gran, Surgeon E.L. Atkinson and Mr E.W. Nelson (biologist).
© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10423084
Proposed mode of laying out for building purposes the Sharrow and Kenwood Park Estates near Sheffield belonging to George Wostenholm, 1853
By Parkin and Bacon.Includes the proposed Kenwood Road and the proposed Montgomery Road. Also shown is the toll bar on the road from Bakewell [Ecclesall Road].Scale 4 chains : 1 inch.Original at Sheffield Local Studies Library: S (21) 1 L.
© Sheffield City Council
Bank, Boston, Cemetery, Cherry, Cliff, Club, Ecclesall, Edge, Franklin, Garden, George, Hall, Head, Highfield, Hill, House, Houses, Kenwood, Lane, Lansdowne, Mill, Montgomery, Moor, Nether, Park, Pearl, Place, Priory, Road, Sharrow, Sheffield, South, Street, Toll, Tree, View, Walk, Washington, Wostenholm, Wostenholme