Sunrise with Dresden Frauenkirche, Dresden, Germany
The Dresden Frauenkirche is a Lutheran church in Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony. It is considered an outstanding example of Protestant sacred architecture, featuring one of the largest domes in Europe. It now also serves as a symbol of reconciliation between former warring enemies.
© :: Artie | Photography ::
St. Bartholomew's Hospital, 18th Century
St. Bartholomew's Hospital. 18th century engraving of the buildings of St. Bartholomew's Hospital at Smithfield in the City of London. Also known as Bart's, the hospital was founded in 1123. The buildings seen here were built between 1730 and 1760 to designs by James Gibbs. Now part of the Barts and The London NHS Trust the hospital is also home to a major medical school and school of nursing and midwifery. Engraving from Chamberlain's 'A New and Complete History and Survey of the Cities of London and Westminister' printed at London in 1770.
© Todd-White Art Photography
Cunnack's Tannery, Helston, Cornwall. October 1883
In the top hat is George James Cunnack (1823-1911), senior partner in this firm of tanners and curriers trading as G.J. Cunnack & Sons. Far left of the picture is Francis Henry Cunnack (1861-1936). To the far right is workman William Jennings. The data was supplied by Edward Cunnack on 17.12.1979. The tannery had premises in Meneage Street, the works were presumably here as well. In 1906 it is believed they also had premises in Lady Street and St Johns. Photographer: Unknown.
© From the collection of the RIC