Featured Denton Image
Bill announcing the sale by auction of freehold and leasehold property at Jericho, Sheffield, 1806
Full title: Valuable freehold, leasehold and other estates to be sold by auction by Mr Bardwell, at his auction room in Sheffield, 28th April 1806.
Tenants mentioned: George Howson, Joshua Walker, Joseph Foster, Jonathan Vickers, Richard Nash, Robert Glaves, James Brown, John Spencer, George Oxley, Samuel First, George Gibbins, John Thornhill, John Goodwin, John Clay, William Peckett, G. Chalinor, Frost and Walker, and Elizabeth Hawke, Samuel Butcher, Joseph Marsden, George Denton, Luke Green, Benjamin Sissons, John Briggs, Ann Roberts, Thomas Clark and Hugh Garfitt, Robert Hoyland, Widow Wilkinson, Widow Holland, William Wilkinson, William Holland and Thomas Holland.
Also a newly erected dwelling house, Old Church Yard, lately occupied by Mrs Mary Winter, deceased.
Three substantial dwelling houses in Church lane, occupied by Thomas Mycock, Thomas Sanderson and George Taylor.
Lots 13-15 consist of the freehold pews in Sheffield cathedral. Lots 18-23 are for pews in St James, Chapel, Sheffield. Lot 24 shares in Leeds and Liverpool Canal and lot 25 shares in the Chesterfield navigation.
From an original at Sheffield Libraries: y13683
© Sheffield City Council