Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Europe > United Kingdom > England > Birmingham

Birmingham Gallery

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom in Europe

Choose from 1,432 pictures in our Birmingham collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Chamberlain Square, Birmingham BL01421_A Featured Birmingham Image

Chamberlain Square, Birmingham BL01421_A

CHAMBERLAIN SQUARE, Birmingham, West Midlands. This civic fountain was erected in 1880 by public subscription in gratitude for Joseph Chamberlain's time as mayor (1873-6). The architect was John Chamberlain, withs Barfield of Leicester, sculptor, and Salviati Burke & Co of Venice, mosaics. In the background are Mason College and the pubilc library, both of which have since been demolished. Photograph by Bedford Lemere circa 1890

© Historic England

Old Map of Birmingham 1851 by John Tallis Featured Birmingham Image

Old Map of Birmingham 1851 by John Tallis

This attractive plan of mid Victorian Birmingham in the Midlands by John Tallis 1851 shows the first railways and important canal network. The work is attractively presented with eight illustrations. These are the Theatre Royal, King Edward School, School of Design, Town Hall, the London and North Western Railway Station and St Phillips Church. At the top left there is a view across Birmingham from Highgate. Finishing the work there is a busy scene from Birmingham's famous Bull Ring

Market Hall, Birmingham, 1941 AA42/00726 Featured Birmingham Image

Market Hall, Birmingham, 1941 AA42/00726

The High Street elevation of Market Hall showing damage caused by an incendiary attack. Bull Ring, Birmingham. Photographed by G B Mason for the National Buildings Record, 1941. The former Market Hall dated from the 1830s. It was destroyed during the Birmingham Blitz and remained as an empty shell until it was demolished in 1963 as part of the Bull Ring Centre development. This view shows the windows bricked up and the roof missing as a result of the incendiary devices dropped on the 25th August 1940

© Historic England Archive