sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 

Top Selling Pictures

Here you can see the images that are currently trending on our site, we hope they give you some inspiration

Choose a picture from our Top Selling Pictures collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured Print

Matania - Last Absolution of the Munsters

'The Last General Absolution of the Munsters at Rue du Bois' - painting by Fortunino Matania. This painting relates to an incident in France in May of 1915, when the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Munster Fusiliers suffered very heavily at Rue du Bois, in the Pas de Calais close to Arras. The action was only one of many local attacks which ended disastrously through lack of support. Colonel Victor Rickard, recently appointed to command, was killed in the attack, as was his Adjutant, Captain Filgate. Both are represented in the picture, alongside Father Gleeson, who is shown giving the Absolution on the evening prior to the action taking place.
1915

© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10510942

Featured Print

Pink Floyds Inflatable Pig Battersea Power Station

A 40-foot long inflatable pig suspended between two of the chimneys at Battersea Power Station, London, during a photoshoot for the cover of Pink Floyd's album 'Animals', 6th November 1976. Whether it was an epic publicity stunt or a genuine mishap remains a topic of debate in some circles. Either way, the cover shoot for 1977's Animals became one of Pink Floyd's signature moments.
Roger Waters and artist Aubrey Powell, co-founder of the art group Hipgnosis, came up with the concept of an inflatable pig floating over Britain's iconic Battersea Power Station. But things didn't go as planned at the December 1976 photo shoot, as the 40-foot balloon broke from its moorings on one of Battersea's southern chimneys, rising directly into the path of planes landing at Heathrow Airport. All flights were grounded, and Powell was arrested, even as police helicopters and the Royal Air Force arrived to chase the pig. It eventually fell to the ground miles way in Kent.
(Photo by Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

© 2008 Getty Images

Featured Print

Second floodlit match at Highbury Stadium

Arsenal v Glasgow Rangers 17th October 1951. (The First floodlight match at Highbury was Arsenal v Hapoel Tel Aviv on 19th September 1951). Credit: Arsenal Football Club.
Floodlights were fitted in 1951, with the first floodlit match being a friendly against Hapoel Tel Aviv on 19 September of that year. The floodlights that adorn Dalymount Park, once stood at the Arsenal stadium. They were shipped to Dublin in 1962. The inaugural floodlit match saw Arsenal beat Bohemians 3–8.
Arsenal Stadium was a football stadium in Highbury, North London, which was the home ground of Arsenal Football Club between 6 September 1913 and 7 May 2006. It was mainly known as "Highbury" due to its location and was given the affectionate nickname of "The Home of Football" by the club.
It was originally built in 1913 on the site of a local college's recreation ground and was significantly redeveloped twice. The first came in the 1930s, from which the Art Deco East and West Stands date; the second in the late 1980s and early 1990s following the Taylor Report, during which the terraces at both ends of the pitch were removed, making it all-seater with four stands. The resulting reduction in capacity and match-day revenue eventually led to Arsenal opting to build a new stadium, to become known as the Emirates Stadium, nearby, to which they moved in 2006. Recently, Highbury has undergone redevelopment to turn it into a block of flats, with most of the stadium being demolished; parts of the East and West Stands remained to be incorporated into the new development due to their listed status.
The stadium also hosted international matches – both for England and in the 1948 Summer Olympics – and FA Cup semi-finals, as well as boxing, baseball and cricket matches. Its presence also led to the local London Underground station being renamed to Arsenal in 1932, making it the only station on the Underground network to be named after a football club.
In addition to its architecture, the stadium was known for its small but immaculate pitch and for the famous clock which was positioned in the southern side of the ground since its introduction in 1930.

© Arsenal 2005 - All Rights Reserved