Polruan, Lanteglos by Fowey Cornwall. 1904
This view of Polruan was taken from the window of Fowey Hotel and shows the village on the hillside with the Fowey Estuary in the foreground. A small sailing boat is amongst the vessels on the river. The ruin of St Saviour's church, which dates to the 8th century, can be seen on the hill above Polruan. Clearly visible is the blockhouse fortification, built in the 14th century, that guards the entrance to the River Fowey. The blockhouse is one of a pair, it's partner being situated on the Fowey side of the river. A defensive chain was strung between the two blockhouses to prevent enemy ships entering the harbour, with the chain being lowered for friendly vessels. This was primarily used during the wars with the Dutch. Photographer: Herbert Hughes
© From the collection of the RIC
1956 Jaguar Factory
23rd March 1956.
Sir William Lyons, Chairman and Managing Director of Jaguar, shows the Queen the 1955 Le Mans winning Jaguar D-Type, as she tours the Brown's Lane, Coventry Factory. Portrait.
World Copyright: LAT Photographic
Old Map of Perth Scotland 1851 by John Tallis
This 1851 John Tallis Victorian map of Perth in Scotland shows town sandwiched between the South Inch and North Inch. The plan shows only one bridge across the River Tay into Perth. The plan is finished with three attractive illustrations, Scone Palace, Kingfauns Castle and Bank of Scotland
City Of Perth Map, Historic Map, Historic Perth Map, John Tallis, John Tallis Map, Map Of Perth, Old Map Of Perth, Old Town Plan, Perth, Perth City, Perth City Map, Perth Map, Perth Town Plan, Tallis Map, Town Plan Of Perth