sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
 
Home > Arts > Artists > P > 9 > those present

those present Gallery

Available as Framed Prints, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 3511 pictures in our those present collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Featured those present Print

Coat of arms Lord Aylmer 18th century

Engraving of the coat of arms of Aylmer, Lord Aylmer, item 112 in an 18th-century publication.Text on this engraving, including motto, reads: 112. Aylmer, Lord Aylmer. STEADY. Lord Aylmer, Baron of Balrath, in the County of Meath, is a title in the Peerage of Ireland. It was created in 1718 for the naval commander Matthew Aylmer. The birds in the coat of arms are Cornish choughs. Source: The Peerage of Ireland or A Genealogical History of the Present Nobility of that Kingdom, with engravings of their paternal coats of arms by John Lodge, Deputy Keeper of the Records in Birmingham Tower. Published 1789

© Whiteway

Featured those present Print

James Tangye (1825-1912) in his workshop at Aviary Court, Illogan, Cornwall. Around 1900

Mr James Tangye pictured in his workshop at his home, Aviary Court. He is seated, wearing a hat and holding a cane, amid various pieces of machinery. James was one of the five sons of Joseph Tangye senior, an Illogan miner, who commenced their engineering and manufacturing business together in Birmingham in 1856. James (1825-1912), the eldest, was very skilled with the lathe; Joseph (1826-1902) was the creative engineer; Richard (1833-1906) dealt with public relations and sales; George (1835-1920) was the businessman; while Edward (1832-1909), a Quaker, soon left to found his own business. Velocipedes, also known as 'Boneshakers', due to their iron 'tyres', were one of the many things that were manufactured at Tangye's Cornwall Works. The business also provided the hydraulic rams required to launch the Great Eastern, Brunel's ill-fated steel ship in 1857-1858, and to raise Cleopatra's Needle to its present position on the London Embankment in 1878. The first direct-acting steam pumps in Europe were made at the Cornwall Works in 1867 and the firm produced James Tangye's horizontal steam engines from 1869. By 1876 the firm employed 1300 workers. The Tangyes were also philanthropists and from 1880 were founders and major benefactors of the Birmingham Art Gallery and Museum and the Birmingham School of Art. Upon his retirement in 1872, "James returned to Illogan, where he purchased Aviary Cottage - a smallish house in a gentle green valley sheltered from the sea and the mines. There he established his own workshop in which he could follow the craft which he truly enjoyed. He spent much of his time giving a free training to young men of the neighbourhood who wished to prepare for engineering careers, but who, in the prevailing depression of the Cornish tin industry, had not the means to pay for apprenticeship. James also fitted up his own observatory with telescope and sidereal clock so that he could seriously pursue his hobby of astronomy. He made many journeys back to Smethwick to give help and advice whenever it was needed, but he never again felt tempted to leave for long his native village, where he died in 1912". (Rachel E. Waterhouse, 1957, A Hundred Years of Engineering Craftsmanship, Tangyes Limited 1857-1957). Photographer: Unknown

© From the collection of the RIC

Featured those present Print

LA Capilla De San Elcear

San Elizario Chapel, as known as La Capilla de San Elcear, was never a mission, but it functioned as a presidio chapel. It provided the religious needs of a presidio or an outpost of military personnel. The presidio was moved to the present site in 1789, to protect travelers and settlers along the Camino Real (Royal Highway) which ran from Mexico City through Juarez City, Mexico then called Paso del Norte to Santa Fe, NM. Its close proximity to the Ysleta and Socorro missions also provided protection for them.When Mexico became independent from Spain in 1821, the military presence at the presidio decreased. By 1848, the presidio had fallen into ruins. Rebuilding efforts began in 1853, with a small church. This proved inadequate and the present structure was completed in 1882. The exterior appearance has ever since changed very little.San Elizario MissionSan Elizario TexasUSA