Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > All Images > 2016 > March > 18 Mar 2016

Images Dated 18th March 2016

Available as Framed Photos, Photos, Wall Art and Gift Items

Choose from 207 pictures in our Images Dated 18th March 2016 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. Popular choices include Framed Photos, Canvas Prints, Posters and Jigsaw Puzzles. All professionally made for quick delivery.


Party sitting in sun, beside the hangar door Featured 18 Mar 2016 Print

Party sitting in sun, beside the hangar door

Photographer: Riley, Quintin Theodore Petroc Molesworth (1905-1980). Expedition: British Graham Land Expedition 1934-37. Leader: John Rymill. Date: 1936. Stephenson stands and Hampton, Bertram, Meiklejohn and Moore sit on the floor at the open wooden hangar doors. De Havilland Fox Moth biplane, with wings folded, sits inside the hangar, its tailplane resting on a wooden trestle. Empty sledges lie on a wooden slipway in the foreground and barrels and boxes stand against the side of the hut

© Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge

Kitchen, Argentine Islands hut Featured 18 Mar 2016 Print

Kitchen, Argentine Islands hut

Photographer: Meiklejohn, Ian Forbes (1907-1977). Expedition: British Graham Land Expedition 1934-37. Leader: John Rymill. Date: 1935. In the kitchen inside the wooden base hut, pots, pans and kettles stand on an AGA stove to one side with more cooking equipment on shelves above. Two tanks stand in the corner and bottles, cans, boxes and kitchen utensils stand on shelves and on a bench against the wall

© Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge

Four evangelists in stained glass Featured 18 Mar 2016 Print

Four evangelists in stained glass

From the nave of St Helen's Church, an image of the four evangelists; note their emblems - the bull, eagle, book and lion - are all included.
A Christian place of worship has been at this location at the confluence of the Thames and Ock rivers, since the year 995. In fact, a Saxon Minster may have been here since the 7th Century.
The Church is named after St Helen, the mother of Emperor Constantine, who made Christianity the official state religion of Rome. It is reputed that she visited the Holy Land in her old age and found fragments of the cross

© Jon Bower at Apexphotos