Skip to main content
sales@mediastorehouse.com
Framed Pictures, Canvas Prints
Posters & Jigsaws since 2004
Home > All Images > 2004 > April > 4 Apr 2004

Images Dated 4th April 2004

Choose from 202 pictures in our Images Dated 4th April 2004 collection for your Wall Art or Photo Gift. All professionally made for Quick Shipping.


Finishing of the manufacture of the Atlantic Telegraph Cable Featured 4 Apr 2004 Image

Finishing of the manufacture of the Atlantic Telegraph Cable

Completion of the Atlantic Telegraph cable as the last inch of cable passes through the machinery of Messrs Glass and Elliott at Morden Whard, East Greenwich. 2300 miles worth of cable were manufactured prior to the expedition of 1875 by the steam-ship Great Eastern'. The project was hampered by bad weather, but the cable was successfully laid the following year

© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10216156

Floating railway bridge across the Forth River Featured 4 Apr 2004 Image

Floating railway bridge across the Forth River

A floating railway across the Forth between Granton and Burntisland. The route designed to carrying goods and live stock without the inconvience of unloading the trucks. The heavy moveable platform is positioned on sixteen wheels attached by universal joints and four iron girders. These girders are raised and lowered on the arrival and departure of the vessel, by a winch that is attached either side. Thwe railway and the engines were constructed by Mr Robert Napier

© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10215960

The Great Dee viaduct in the Vale of Llangollen Featured 4 Apr 2004 Image

The Great Dee viaduct in the Vale of Llangollen

The Great Dee Viaduct on the Shrewsbury and Chester Railway. The viaduct crosses the river Dee in the Vale of Llangollen. The impressive viaduct consists of 19 semicircular arches of 60 feet span, the height from the bed of the river to the top pier is 148 feet. The structure is built of stone, the first stone was laid on the 19th April 1846. The line was finally opened to the public on the 14th October 1848

© Mary Evans Picture Library 2015 - https://copyrighthub.org/s0/hub1/creation/maryevans/MaryEvansPictureID/10215970