Featured 1829 Image
Plan of part of the west side of the township of Sheffield, 1829
Full title: Plan of part of the west side of the township of Sheffield shewing the parts of Nether Hallam and Ecclesall Bierlow intermixed therewith and adjoining upon it.
Taken for the Surveyors of the Highways of the township of Sheffield and describes the ancient boundaries of the several townships which are coloured as hereunder described - the lands of the Sheffield township - green, Nether Hallam - red, and Ecclesall Bierlow - yellow.
Shows Broad Lane, Leavy Greave Lane, Glossop Road, Portobello, Wilkinson Street, Gell Street and Hawke Street; also shows Leavy Greave [property] and a reservoir.
Dimensions of original approx. 85 x 63 cm.
From an original at Sheffield Libraries: arc04048
© Sheffield City Council - All Rights Reserved